OHB Digital Connect’s mission is to provide solutions and services for all kinds of connectivity between space, ground and user segment of the system. OHB Digital Connect is a prime contractor and system integrator for end-to-end ground segments for reconnaissance, satellite communication and telescope activities. The company provides engineering services, software development, information technology and security capabilities as well as maintenance and operations services and dedicated downstream services.
OHB Digital Connect has four sites in Germany (Bremen, Gelsdorf, Mainz and Salem) and structures its business in five technical and one administrative domain:
- The Future Programs department is responsible for future acquisition and new projects. The main tasks are market analysis, the development of future strategies and acquisition as well as representation exhibitions and other public events, extending OHB DC’s network and acquiring new customers and suppliers.
- Satellite Ground Systems (SGS) develops and integrates complete ground segments (including flight operations segment, payload data ground segment and ground station network). It specializes in the inclusion of innovative concepts for complex automated operations and information security management systems (ISMS) based on international (e.g. ISO 27001) or national (e.g. BSI Grundschutz) standards.
- The Airborne and Ground Solutions (AGS) department is located in Bremen and in Salem. AGS is a core member for next-generation airborne and satellite communications as well as data processing for distributed sensor systems. AGS has developed and operates a demonstrator system-of-systems for airborne reconnaissance and remote sensing.
- The Satellite Operations department is located in Gelsdorf (Germany) and works in the two main areas of space systems operations and related IT administration. In close partnership with the customer, the department performs the routine 24/7 operations and control of multiple reconnaissance space systems and constellations for the German government
- The Telescopes & Antennas department is responsible for the design and production of deep space antennas, optical telescopes, mechatronic equipment for science and research as well as launch facilities for the European space port in Kourou. In addition, it provides global services in design, development, system integration, commissioning and operations for communication and deep space antennas.